Friday, September 26, 2014

The Gifted

It's been awhile since I watched a Tagalog movie, whether at home or in theaters. But I'm happy I was able to sales-talk my mom to watch The Gifted with me (this wasn't done recently lol).

The Gifted is not a mystery or horror movie but a comedy, dark comedy as the casts plugged it. Though I don't know the difference between dark and not dark comedy lol.

The movie started with a book signing event by an author played by Sam Milby. He read part of his book (not really a part because that's the whole movie lol). It's a story about 2 very intellectually gifted girls, both not physically attractive but have different society status in life. Zoe played by Anne Curtis comes from a rich and "healthy" family while Aica played by Cristina Reyes comes from a poor family.

The story revolves on how they became friends and later on rivals to be the class valedictorian and to get the same guy.



It's a fun-filled movie, though there's a very cool twist at the end of the movie which shows what is the reality behind the story / book.

For me, I'd give it 8.5/10 stars

No comments:

Post a Comment