Saturday, August 19, 2017

Exercise for the mind and body

I have been itching to write for some time now... there are a lot of thoughts running through my head on things I could write (or rant). Some of them insightful while some might raise a lot of eyebrows if I were to share them in public. So I'm reviving this blog and let's see if I can keep this up again.

~~~~~~~

I should always exercise. I notice that when I do in the mornings, it keeps me lively and happy during the rest of the day. Household chores are easily done too. And it relieves my back pain. Unfortunately, I don't have that strong self-control to train myself to do just that. Especially since I'm hooked on some mobile games. But the worship service lesson taught last Wednesday really motivated me a lot.

The verse 1 Corinthians 9:24-25 states that "Do you not know that in a race all the runners run, but only one gets the prize? Run in such a way as to get the prize. 25 Everyone who competes in the games goes into strict training. They do it to get a crown that will not last, but we do it to get a crown that will last forever."And since some of my motivations to be healthier is those joining the American Ninja Warrior, I can very well relate to the athlete analogy.

And so I started Thursday doing exercises. I still don't have a regular set of exercises but will slowly get there. And hopefully, I can maintain doing the exercises regularly as well blogging.

No comments:

Post a Comment