Friday, August 5, 2011

Tai Taxi Incident

I would just like to share what happened during my recent trip to Davao. It's actually what happened before I got to the airport. This is not to defame anyone but to warn everyone so that this incident wont happen again.

I called the Tai Taxi base at around 930pm Sunday, July 31 to request for a pickup at 3AM the following day, Monday, August 1. The operator who answered my call is Jozel, and I specifically asked her if I can be at the airport at 330am if I leave here at 3am and she said yes. I told her where I'll be picked up, on the corner of Purok 6 and Ilaya streets in Alabang.

August 1. around 230am, I called Tai Taxi base again and asked what's the plate number of the taxi who'll pick me up. She verified if it's for 3AM pickup and I said yes. She said the plate number of the taxi is TYE 626. I asked her if the driver knows where I'll be picked up and she said yes.

245AM, the driver of TYE 626, Maqui, texted me and asked me where he'll pick me up. I was surprised since the operator told me he already knew where I'll be picked up. Nonetheles, I gave him the place and told him how to get there.

2:59AM, no sign of the taxi yet. I texted Maqui and asked him to text me if he's already at the agreed pick-up place. He replied with "ok po, wait lang po tnx".

3:05AM, I texted him again, telling him to tell me if he already got lost. He didnt replied back. 3:09 I called him and he said that he was in the men's room but is on his way. 3:13AM, I told him to text me because we'll be late. He again replied at 3:15 with a "ok po mam tnx".

3:16 I asked him where he is and told him the time. He then replied back at 3:19 and told me that he might be lost. He also texted me that we'll reach the airport by 3:30AM. I replied back and gave him specific instructions on how to go to the pickup place.

3:26 he texted me that he made a wrong turn. I texted him back to give him instructions on how to get to the pickup place from where he made the wrong turn.

3:29 he texted me he'll be there in 3 minutes.

He was able to reach the pickup place at 335.

No comments:

Post a Comment